I’m a generalist maker and designer. I work directly with my clients to create unique signs and fixtures for events, tradeshows, workspaces, and more.
Click through to see project notes, videos, galleries, build photos, and original drawings. Contact me here.
This Oregon-shaped event sign is inspired by the distinctive entrance signs found at our national parks.
A circular arbor for ceremonies and events with espresso finish.
On order for a themed dance event: a sign with inviting, luscious lighting and lots of vintage character.
Belt one out behind the wheel of this custom prop with realistic lights and detailed dash.
A hand-lettered Lucy rendered in plywood and paint.
Three super lightweight twelve-foot-wide hanging backdrops with repositionable letters.
I wanted to make a sign that looked like a single slab of plywood, but was internally lit. This lightweight, hollow-core design is meant for hanging against a window.
Sometimes projects change in arbitrary ways. This isn’t one of those projects.
22″ Clydesdale Engraved on Plywood and a 24 Second Photoshop Thing
Design, Construction, and Finishing Four 4′×8′ Reusable Background Flats
Covering the process of translating an existing piece of artwork into a multilayered laser engraving.
A small batch of lasered and painted plywood signs to deter spammy knockers and doorbell ringers.
Have a project in mind? Contact me here and I’ll send you a drawing of my ideas!
Oops More Projects
- Meeting Series for WooCommerce - A plug-in that turns WordPress and WooCommerce into a machine that sells registrations for meetings, classes, or sessions.
- Boxwood Hedges with Simple Planters - Two four-foot faux-foliage hedges with plywood "planters".
- Signable 44” Nike Air Max - An arms-width keepsake painted to be written on with metallic markers.
- 400 Bottles of Beer Wall - Sixty-four square feet of rack with precision notches for hanging bottles by the neck.
- Horse and Shoes in Steel - Clydesdales in ¼" Steel Plate, Rusted and Weathered.
- Jetpack Portfolio Extensions - A WordPress plugin that enhances Jetpack Portfolio with Isotope layout and live filtering, new shortcodes, support for excerpts, and more.
- Collapsible Fairy Forest Partitions - Three foldable partitions with locally-sourced organic tree branches and two hundred seventy feet of fairy wire.
- Letters from Underground - A work of nonlinear, speculative, epistolary, dystopian fiction in 56 parts.
- SkeeBall Redux - Nine more balls for a tired carnival game.
- Pool Table Lounger - A concept to remake an old pool table as a set of party lounge chairs that latch together in dozens of ways.
- Olympic Torch - A seven-foot tall prop with weathered metal and marble effects as well as a microcontroller-fueled flame effect.
- Sorry Friends No Drinks Outside - Painted signage at The Zipper to help folks find the bathroom and the way out. Also, an admonition to keep drinks within their legal perimeter.
- Daybed Swings - Simple, Sturdy, Daybed-Inspired Swings made for the Zipper
- Pop Out Cake - I refit and refrosted a too-tired two-tiered two-sided pop-up party prop.
- Hand-Cut Acrylic LED Signs - A pair of matching, low-profile signs for Guerrilla Development and Brett Schulz Architect.
- Stage Door Sign - Hand-lettered panes on the front and back with beautiful, even, LED illumination.
- 6:1 Rigging on Extra Large Fan - A six-foot aluminum fan suspended via a six-to-one pulley arrangement.
- One in the Head is Worth Two in the Bucket - Made for Upswept Creative's Design Monsters coloring sheet.